The protocols required in our attempt to keep Ulster Reform Club Covid-free.
As previously notified, we aim to open Ulster Reform Club from Wednesday 29th July, control of Covid-19 permitting. Initially, the Club will be open for lunch from Wednesday to Friday each week so that we may all get used to the new protocols required but we hope to extend this opening as soon as possible.
We have been preparing the Club to welcome Members once again. Risk assessments and deep cleaning have been completed, new policies and sanitising facilities implemented to comply with government guidelines. Handwashing and the maintenance of social distancing will be key to this.
To facilitate this social distancing, the dining room layout has been altered and other Club rooms will be utilised for service as required. So that we do not exceed our reduced capacity, please let us know if you intend to visit the Club, even if you are dining alone.
ADVANCE RESERVATION OF TABLES IS ESSENTIAL so that we can comply with the social distancing guidelines and for contact tracing should this prove necessary. We are restricted to serving alcohol indoors only if you are having a substantial meal. The Members’ Bar will remain closed under current guidance. The provision of food and beverages will be by table service only.
We would ask that any Members (or members of their household) with a cold or flu, symptoms of Covid-19, or generally feeling unwell remain away from the Club at this time.
Our focus is on providing a safe environment for Members and staff, so that you may once again enjoy your Club.
· Please use your membership card and the proximity reader to open the front door.
· A sanitising station is situated inside the front door; please sanitise your hands upon entry.
· We aim to maintain a one-way system as far as possible; please keep to the left on the stairs.
· One person in the lift at any time, unless from the same household.
· Cloakrooms: A sanitising station is situated at the cloakroom entry; please sanitise your hands before entering the bathrooms. Two persons only in the bathrooms at any one time.
· Upon reaching the level 2 landing, you will be greeted by a member of staff and taken to your table. Food and drink orders will be taken at, and delivered to, your table.
· Contactless payment is encouraged. Please request the Club’s bank details so that you may transfer funds to your membership card for future account payments.
· Please refrain from physical contact, e.g. handshakes, fist-bumps, hugs, etc.
It will seem a little different at the start but, hopefully, restrictions can be lifted as government guidelines are updated.